Expert Repair Services
When it comes to repairing and installing various fixtures and appliances like water heaters and toilets, we are the expert team to call. We are also the team to call for garbage disposal repair and installation in Franklin and Brentwood, TN and surrounding areas. If you need a new disposal or yours has become obstructed or is otherwise malfunctioning, schedule services with us by calling (931) 215-1693.
Keep Your Disposal Running Right
Your kitchen is a sanctuary. It’s where you cook, and often where you gather for meals, or just to talk. That sanctuary can be ruined if you notice foul smells coming from your kitchen sink. It could mean food scraps and other material have clogged your sink, or your garbage disposal is blocked or otherwise damaged, and garbage disposal repair is required. Besides causing bad odors, a malfunctioning garbage disposal can create unsanitary conditions in the kitchen, and become a safety hazard. When your garbage disposal needs repair, you need to clear a clog in your sink, or require any other plumbing services such as main water line repair, give our team a call at (931) 215-1693.
To ensure your garbage disposal stays in good repair, there are certain items you need to avoid placing in it. When placing excessive amounts of these items in the disposal, it can cause unnecessary wear on the disposal itself, and often results in pipe clogs. Items include:
- Fibrous food material: The fibers from such foods as carrots, celery, onion skins, and corn husks can clog the pipes. Only small quantities of these items should go into the disposal, along with a large amount of cold water.
- Starches: Excessive disposal of starches from foods like potatoes, rice, and pasta, harden and can clog the trap.
- Oil and grease: Oil and grease clog and slow down the garbage disposal. Oil and grease should never be disposed of in the garbage disposal or kitchen sink. Throw oil and grease in the trash.
- Egg shells: When egg shells get broken down, they become sandy and gritty, and have trouble flushing down the pipes, which can create clogs.
You also want to make sure your garbage disposal is clear of utensils before use. The disposal and utensils can get seriously damaged.
Installing a Disposal
Along with repairs, our team provides expert garbage disposal installation. You may need to replace an old disposal or you may want to connect one to your current plumbing system. An ideal time to add a garbage disposal is when you are updating your plumbing during a kitchen remodel.
- Main Water Line Repairs From leaks to clogs, we cover a full range of main water line repairs.
- Clogged Drain Cleaning We can clear even the most stubborn, built-up clogs. Call today
- Gas Leak Detection If you smell gas in the house, get to a safe place and call us for gas leak detection.
- Sewer Line Repair For any damage to sewer lines, including removing tree roots, we offer a full range of repair services.
- Toilet Repair and Installation If your toilet is flushing weakly, call us to diagnose the problem and get it repaired quickly.
- Water Heater Repair and Installation We repair and install standard tank and tankless systems. Call to schedule us today.
- Water Pressure Management Did you know that too much water pressure can actually harm your plumbing, leading to wear and damage?
Schedule Services Today
Pipe Master Plumbing is a leading, local plumbing services company, one you can rely on for any plumbing service, including garbage disposal repair and installation in Franklin and Brentwood, TN. Call us at (931) 215-1693 to schedule an appointment.