Leak Detection Professionals
Having gas appliances such as gas stoves or water heaters can be great, especially when it comes to energy efficiency. Natural gas is usually a safe, plentiful resource for cooking and heating. At the same time, natural gas can be dangerous if a gas line breaks, and a gas leak occurs. For safety’s sake, finding the source of the leak and getting it repaired should be left up to professionals. As trained gas line plumbers, we provide gas leak detection services in Franklin and Brentwood, TN. If you suspect a gas leak, never hesitate to call us at (931) 215-1693.
How To Find a Gas Leak
Usually gas leaks are obvious: you may notice a rotten egg odor near the appliance. Natural gas is odorless, so gas companies infuse it with the chemical mercaptan specifically to detect leaks. You may also notice dead plants around the gas line, hear hissing noises, or even begin to feel dizzy or nauseous, or get a headache or experience eye irritation. It’s also likely the pilot light is burning an orange or yellow flame, rather than blue.
If you notice any signs of a gas leak, you will need to open doors and windows to clear the air, get out of the house as quickly as possible, and call the gas company to report the leak so the gas can be shut off. The fire department can also shut off the gas. Once the gas has been shut off, well-trained plumbers like those at Pipe Master Plumbing will provide gas leak detection services, and begin repairs. You can call us for gas leak detection at (931) 215-1693.
One of the most common methods we use to detect gas leaks is through applying a soap solution to exposed fittings. If the soap bubbles up at the fitting, that indicates a leak is present. We can also use air pressure tests to find the leak.
- Main Water Line Repairs When you need a professional to repair a leak in your main water line, give us a call.
- Clogged Drain Cleaning We can clear even the most stubborn of clogs. Call us today to schedule a service.
- Water and Sewer Line Repairs If you have a sewer line backed up, rely on the professionals for fast, effective repair.
- Toilet Repair and Installation Is water pooling around the bottom of your toilet? If so, you may have a leak that needs to be repaired.
- Garbage Disposal Repair and Installation Get a garbage disposal installed to quickly clear waste.
- Water Heater Repair and Installation Hearing strange noises from your water heater? We can diagnose and repair the problem.
- Water Pressure Management Expert water pressure management can keep your plumbing flowing smoothly and your system healthy.
We are trained and licensed plumbers, offering a full range of plumbing services from sewer and main line repairs to garbage disposal and toilet installation. Has a gas line developed a leak in your home? Call (931) 215-1693 for gas leak detection in Franklin and Brentwood, TN.